Friday, November 19

When Joan Crawford speaks, I obey and Sir Richard Burton and......

Joan Crawford demanded "No Wire Hangers" and I wholeheartedly obeyed.  All of my millions of clothes are on padded hangers and my shoes polished and in their boxes, toes tissued, of course. The mere breadth of this jackets' shoulder span brought her to mind.

Large pin with doll head by Holly Ambrose.

This is Sir Richard Burton, the explorer looking for the source of the Nile.  Well, they made a movie about him some 15 years ago and of course I became obsessed with him and dressed like him all the time for a couple of years.

This is the pin combo I came up with to represent Burton.  White elephant ( plastic), green writing utensil, an Asian pin by Iren Schio, and this folded newspaper pin. I like that this vest has lapels. These pins have been on this vest since that movie.

Phil failed to see what any of these pieces have in common but what it really adds up to is probably  "slutty schoolteacher".