Wednesday, November 7

Lunch at the Algonquin...........




Hard to be clever enough to hangout with the celebrated group of writers, critics and actors that comprised "The Vicious Circle", as they dubbed themselves. Meeting for lunch together daily for 10 years, some of it's famous party were Dorothy Parker, Groucho Marx and Robert Benchley.

Hoping to keep my head above water with such pithy company I try to don something that will distract from my lack of wit. Art Nouveau embroidered blouse and gold opera length necklace with faceted black accents.

Houndstooth pencil skirt with button sided detail, smart enough for the company I'm keeping? Doubtful.

Attempting to nudge my way into their good graces with these dark fuchsia opaque hose and fetching chocolate hued patent plats with open toe and ankle strap by Type Z. I think I'd better pick up the check to have had the privilege of enjoying their brilliance.